NAVBARIMAGE

27.1.16

Purple Blueberry Cheesecake (no-bake)

For my dear Aunt's birthday I decided to make her a cheesecake, a purple one since it is her favourite colour. I wanted to use blackberries and blueberries to make a sort of ombre layer effect but since there were no blackberries in my local supermarket I used purple food coloring and blueberries instead. I used a 24" cake tin for this recipe.

Ingredients:

For colouring:
50g blueberries
Purple food colouring

For crust:
300g digestive biscuit
170g unsalted butter (melted)

For Filling:
600g cream cheese (room temperature)
2 tablespoon gelatin powder
350ml hot water
2 tablespoon vanilla extract
110g icing sugar

Directions:

1. Blend all the digestive biscuits into crumbs. If you don't have one, put them all in a large zip lock bag and hit it with a rolling pin.
Step_ (1)
Step_ (2)
2. Mix in the melted butter with the biscuits.
Step_ (3)
3. Flatten the mixture onto the cake tin and poke holes with a fork. Cling wrap it and leave it in the fridge while making the cheesecake filling.
Step_ (4)
4. Add gelatin powder with the hot water and set it aside to cool.

5. In a big bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar. Whisk it until it is soft and fluffy.
Step_ (5)
6. While whisking, add in the gelatin a bit at a time.
Step_ (6)
7. Split the cheesecake filling into two bowls and add the blueberries (I blended to make it a puree) in one and some food colouring in the other.
Step_ (7)
Step_ (8)
8. Pour in the bowl with the food colouring first, followed by the blueberries bowl. In the middle, I laid some fresh blueberries.

Step_ (10)
9. Leave in the fridge overnight.
Layers

* I accidentally erased the overall photo shots ( sorry! ) but I have one with my beautiful Aunt cutting it*
Birthday_Girl
Sliced


♥ Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment