NAVBARIMAGE

3.2.16

Food discovery: Lotus Biscoff Biscuits Review

I'm not sure if anyone saw my instagram photo of the lotus biscoff minibons I had last month from cinnabon.. but those things were out of this world. When I was offered to try the new minibons I remember thinking "just what the hell are lotus biscoff's?" I've never heard of them.

Luckily for me, I tried it with a friend who explained that they are some sort of biscuit. After cinnabon discontinued the biscoff series, my sister and I searched for these biscuits everywhere.

2016-01-05 07.11.17 1
For those who live in UAE, I got mine at Ajman city centre's carrefour (They don't sell it in every carrefour though, Deira city centre and Sharjah city centre for instance did not sell them). I got them at 8.50dhs a pack, I don't know what overcame me but I bought 4 packs in an instant.
2016-02-03 09.29.46 1
biscoff 1
So it is actually called biscoff and the company that sells it is called lotus (here I thought it was called lotus biscoff the whole time). Each pack consists of 25 individually packaged bicuits, good for portion control. It is a caramelised biscuit which claims:
To have no colour
No added flavours
Suited for vegetarians
Each biscuit is 30 calories.

It has a cute pattern border around the biscuit with the company's name in the middle.
2016-02-03 09.29.45 1
It has a crispy texture to it. As for taste, it does remind me of digestive biscuits, perhaps gourmet digestive biscuits but with cinnamon and something extra I can't lay my finger on it. Also if you have tried the speculoos cookie butter, it's basically that in biscuit form. I heard they sold a lotus biscoff spread but unfortunately, I was not able to find any.

These are now my favourite biscuits (if cookies don't count), thank goodness I bought a lot because my sister and I are going through them like crazy!

The ingredients are : Wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oils (certified sustainable palm oil, rapeseed oil), candy sugar syrup, raising agent (sodium hydrogen carbonate) soya flour, salt and cinnamon.

I give these biscuits 8.5/10

♥ Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment