NAVBARIMAGE

23.1.16

Edo Cafe | Al Safa, UAE

I traveled quite a bit to get to this place to have some mochi. For those who don't know mochi, it is a Japanese sweet made from glutinous flour with a creamy filling inside. I have been a huge fan of Edo cafe when I used to live in UAE, so I was utterly upset when the Mirdiff branch closed. I visited the one in Al Safa to satisfy my craving.

The place was certainly very cute and better decorated than the one in Mirdiff, it was chic with adorable Japanese decor. The place was very empty and we were the only customers there, that being said you would think the service is faster since there is nobody else but that was unfortunately not the case.

Edo_1
Edo_3
Edo_2

My mouth was watering while I stared at all the colourful mochi's. However, I was not too eager on the price. Since I left they have increased each mochi to 12dhs! I mean sure they taste amazing, but I could fit the whole thing in my mouth. It was quite a steep price to pay.

I ordered a lychee, green tea and chocolate mochi.

Edo_4

I was highly disappointed.. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating. The mochi's were ALRIGHT it's just not how I remembered how Edo's mochi's used to tasted like in the Mirdiff branch. If you've never tried a mochi before, you should. They taste unique and like fluffy flavoured clouds you can eat. For those who already know what they taste like, this place is too overpriced for an OKAY tasting mochi. Probably would not come back again unless the prices go down or a groupon deal is out.

Btw, for those who want to try click here for a mochi deal.

♥ Jess

Location: City Walk Avenue Mall, Al Safa
Opening hours: Everyday 10am - 12am
Phone: +971 4 3440833
Website: http://www.edosweets.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Edo-Cafe-334600226659657/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/edocafe/

Edo Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment