NAVBARIMAGE

10.1.16

How to make a watermelon cake

Hey lovelies!

I was super excited to make this (Yes, I made my own birthday cake), I LOVE watermelons so I was extremely eager to make this cake. I topped it with fresh fruits, I did not put the quantity down since it obviously depends on your watermelon size but read below to see how I put it together! 

Ingredients:

  • A big juicy watermelon (I bought a 7 kg one)
  • 500 ml whipping cream 
  • Almond slices
  • Strawberries
  • Kiwi
  • Pomegranate
  • Blueberries

Directions:


1. Cut the top and bottom of the watermelon(I used the leftovers to juice because I could not bear to throw away the unused watermelon).
2. I was not sure whether I wanted to make a cylindrical cake or keep the original shape so I cut the outer skin of the watermelon before I decided to make it a cylinder.
3. Lay a clean towel under the watermelon and pat it dry. I recommend to leave it under the towel while you beat the whipping cream. I did not, and it end up soaking the cake plate while I was decorating it...

4. Cover your cake with cream. Make sure you have thick whipping cream or it will slide off, I would use the liquid whipping cream that you actually whip rather than the ones in a spray can since it didn't work out for me the last time I tried to make this.
5. Have fun and decorate it however you want!
I covered it with almond seeds and put my favorite fruits on top. :)




Have a fantastic day guys~

 Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment