NAVBARIMAGE

31.10.15

Chinese garlic and oyster sauce bok choy

I went to Pachi Pachi the other day (Click here to read about it) and ordered some garlic asian vegetables, they got the wrong order and gave me vegetable with oyster sauce instead but it tasted really good that I couldn't care less. 


It was $10.50 a plate and I was able to recreate my own hybrid version of the two for under $5. If you're making this with a meal I suggest making the veges last since it only takes 10 minutes to do and tastes so much better hot. J

Ingredients

  • 500g Bok choy, chopped
  • 1/2 tablespoon powder chicken stock
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Boil some water and then add in the bok choy for about 2 minutes. Don't leave it too long or it becomes really limpy. When it is done, drain the vegetables.


  2. While it boils, mix in a bowl the chicken stock, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
  3. Heat up a pan with the vegetable oil and throw in the garlic until it has browned a little (I wanted to have this for dinner with rice so I tossed in about 50g of lean beef mince in as well).
  4. Add the bok choy in and toss it around for a few second before adding in the sauce mixture. With the sauce mixture, stir it for about a minute and you're done!


  ♥ Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment